Hula Grill Pineapple Salsa
Pineapple Salsa can be served with grilled fish or chicken. It's a good dip
with chips. Or it can be served with quesadillas - on Maui it's made with the
local Puna goat cheese. Other goat cheese can be substituted. And the amount of
garlic can be reduced to taste.
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon Maui or other sweet onion
- 1 fresh seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons diced Maui or other sweet onion (1/4-inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup finely diced very sweet fresh pineapple
- Puree first seven ingredients in food processor or blender.
- Just before serving, toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups salsa
Source: Hula Grill, Maui