Hunan Garden Restaurant Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 piece green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mixed with water)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the broccoli to small pieces and steam them for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken breast and cut the green onion to 1-inch long pieces.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with egg white, cooking wine, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Let it sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 300 degrees F and stir-fry the chicken pieces for a short time.
- Remove the chicken and drain the oil.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil to 250 degrees F and add the chicken broth,
and sugar. Stir until the mixture is boiling.
- Quickly add the cornstarch with water
in and followed with the chicken and broccoli. Stir a little and add a little sesame
oil and black pepper.
- This dish is ready for serving!
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Source: Lily and Wang of Hunan Garden Restaurant