La Caravelle Roasted Cinnamon Apple
- 4 teaspoons butter plus additional to coat the baking dish
- 4 apples (mix the varieties, if you like)
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the powdered cinnamon and the sugar, and set aside.
- Butter the inside of the baking dish, sprinkle the bottom with some of the cinnamon
sugar, and add 1-2 tablespoon of water. Set aside.
- Peel and core the apples, and then cut each apple into very thin slices, cut
across the equator, or perpendicular to the core.
- Reassemble the apple slices to
form one whole apple, and place it in an oven-proof dish, large enough to hold all
- Repeat process with each apple.
- Divide the butter into four equal pats, and place one over each empty apple core.
- Pierce each pat of butter with a cinnamon stick, driving the stick all the way into
the apple (the butter will sink into the empty core as well).
- Sprinkle the apples with remaining cinnamon sugar, and place in oven.
- Bake, uncovered, until beautifully caramelized, 40 minutes to an hour.
- Serve warm. Et voila!
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 9, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes