La Fontanella Tuna alla Favignana
- 4 (1-inch) slices of Ahi tuna
- 2 large onions
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Slice onion thinly into matchsticks.
- Heat large skillet; add oil and onions. Sweat and cook until caramelized golden.
- Add vinegar and wine. Boil to evaporate alcohol; add tuna. Cook for 3 minutes on each
side. Keep fish moist, adding water if necessary.
Source: La Fontanella - Phoenix, Arizona (originally from Chicago, Illinois)