La Grillade Restaurant
Pork in Lime Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high eat. Add pork and brown on
all sides, turning frequently.
- Transfer skillet with pork to oven and roast pork
until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and
shallot and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add wine and boil until liquid is reduced by half,
stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add both stocks and boil until liquid is
reduced to 6 tablespoons, stirring frequently, about 13 minutes.
- Add whipping cream
and boil until sauce is reduced to 1 cup, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Mix in fresh lime juice.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut pork diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Spoon sauce onto plates.
pork atop sauce and serve.
Source: La Grillade Restaurant, Chiang Inn, Chiang Mai, Thailand