La Madeleine Ham and Potato Gratin
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 3/4 pound ham, diced into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- Ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the cream, half-and-half, garlic, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Add the sliced potatoes and stir well to completely coat them with the cream mixture.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Gently stir in the diced ham. Do not let the potatoes boil. When the potatoes
are tender, adjust the seasonings and pour into a 10 x 8-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the center of a preheated 425 degree F oven until golden
on top and the potatoes are completely tender, about 20 minutes.
Source: Adapted from Les Recettes de la Saison, by la Madeleine chefs and compiled
by Susan Hermann Loomis
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes