La Madeleine Lamb Stew
- 1 (3 pound) boneless lamb (shoulder or lamb leg cut in medium cubes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, thyme and bay leaf)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 bunch carrots
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 pound green peas (fresh, shelled)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add lamb cubes to very hot oil stirring once or twice. Let the meat brown for
3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, bouquet garni, tomato, salt and pepper to the lamb base.
Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add water, bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer, 45 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add potatoes. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add roux and peas.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/26/01 2:46:51 pm.
Source: Chef Thierry Roboullet - La Madeleine, Reston, VA