La Madeleine Potato Pancakes with Boursin
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces Boursin
teaspoons chives, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a dry tea towel and squeeze to remove as much water as
possible. Mix the potatoes with the salt and pepper in a large bowl. =
- Heat the olive
oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat until fragrant.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop 1 measure of potato and place in the pan. Flatten
with a spatula. =
- Repeat 3 more times, making 4 pancakes.
- Divide the Boursin in four
pieces and place one piece on each pancake.
- Sprinkle the chives evenly over the
- Scoop another 1/3 cup of grated potatoes and place on top of each pancake.
Press down with a spatula, enclosing the cheese and the chives.
- Cook until the bottoms
are golden, about 6 minutes.
- Turn the pancakes over and cook another 5-6 minutes
or until the bottoms are golden.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 4 pancakes, serving 2.
Source: Thierry Roboullet, La Madeleine, Tyson's Corner