La Scala Creamed Rice
- 2 quarts water
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup anise seed
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 3/4 cups white rice, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 quarts milk
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract to taste
- Bring water, cinnamon sticks, anise seed and lemon zest to a boil. Continue boiling
until reduced in volume by half.
- Strain into a stainless-steel pot.
- Add rice and salt and cook, uncovered, over moderate heat until all of the liquid
has be absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and milk. Continue cooking about 2 hours or until thickened.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Chill in individual serving dishes or a large casserole dish.
Yield: 20 (6-ounce) portions
Nutrition information per 2/3 cup serving: Calories 599; Fat 38 g; Carbohydrate
60 g; Cholesterol 143 mg; Sodium 318 mg; Protein 6g
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 7/8/01 9:33:53 pm.
Source: orlandosentinel.com- Thought You'd Never Ask - Published March 28,
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes