La Tarte Bakery & Little Perk Peanut Crunch
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 10 ounces Special K cereal (about 9 cups, from a 12 ounce box)
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In saucepan, mix together corn syrup and sugar. Heat to almost boiling, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until well blended.
- Pour cereal into large bowl. Pour hot peanut butter mixture over cereal in bowl
and gently toss until well mixed and cereal is coated.
- Spread in ungreased 13 x 9-inch pan, leveling top and pressing into corners.
- Sprinkle butterscotch and chocolate chips over top, distributing evenly.
- Place pan in warm oven, then turn oven off.
Let pan sit in oven with door closed for about 10 minutes so chips melt.
- Remove from oven and spread melted chips over top of bars.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely, then cut into 20 (2 1/4 x 2 1/2-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half
to make 2 triangles.
Yield: 40 bars
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 5/13/02 11:44:49 am.