La Tarte Bakery & Little Perk Peanut Crunch
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 10 ounces Special K cereal (about 9 cups, from a 12 ounce box)
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted chopped peanuts
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In saucepan, mix together corn syrup and sugar. Heat to almost boiling, stirring
constantly. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until well blended.
- Pour cereal into large bowl. Pour hot peanut butter mixture over cereal in bowl
and gently toss until well mixed and cereal is coated.
- Spread in ungreased 13 x
9-inch pan, leveling top and pressing into corners.
- Sprinkle butterscotch and chocolate
chips over top, distributing evenly.
- Place pan in warm oven, then turn oven off.
Let pan sit in oven with door closed for about 10 minutes so chips melt.
from oven and spread melted chips over top of bars.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cool completely,
then cut into 20 (2 1/4 x 2 1/2-inch) rectangles. Cut each rectangle in half
to make 2 triangles.
Makes 40 bars.
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 5/13/02 11:44:49 am.