Lambert's Cafe Throwed Rolls
Lambert's Cafe is known for throwing hot rolls to their customers.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 package dry active yeast
- 1/4 cup tepid water ( 105 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten ( at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- Combine the 1 teaspoon of sugar and yeast in tepid water. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes
until yeast begins to foam.
- Thoroughly mix milk, butter, sugar, egg and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in the yeast mixture and 3 1/2 cups of the flour, adding a bit more if necessary
to make a soft pliable dough. Turn dough out on floured board and let rest while
you clean and butter bowl. Knead dough gently, 4 to 5 minutes, adding flour if necessary,
until dough is smooth and silky.
- Return to bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until doubled
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Punch down dough. Pinch off pieces about 1 1/2 inches
in diameter ( enough to fill 1/2 of muffin cup), and roll into smooth spheres. Place
two such pieces in each prepared muffin cup. ( It should be a tight fit). Cover
dough loosely with plastic wrap for 45 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Serve as soon as they are cool enough to throw.
Makes 12 rolls.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 4/23/02 9:01:18 pm.
Source: Lambert's Cafe, Sikeston, Missouri
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes