L'Amore Rigatoni alla Vodka
- 6 ounces rigatoni, cooked according to package directions, drained and kept hot
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a frying pan.
- Add shallots; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vodka; cook 3 minutes more.
- Add cream and tarragon; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked, hot pasta; toss to coat.
- Add Parmesan cheese; cook for 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Source: Chef Luigi - L'Amore, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com