Landry's Pontchartrain Sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup Chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup stock (fish or chicken)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup
butter, chopped into 1 tablespoon pieces
- Salt, black pepper, cayenne and tarragon
- Cook the Chardonnay and the onion together over a low fire until the wine reduces
and the onion is very soft and transparent.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in another heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the
flour and whisk until blended.
- Add the stock a little at a time, whisking constantly
until blended and thickened.
- Add the mushrooms, green pepper and garlic. Smother
down until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup of butter in
pieces until melted.
- Add to the Chardonnay (which should now be like a glaze) mixture.
Blend well over very low heat.
- Season to taste with salt (may not be needed), black
pepper, cayenne and tarragon.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/7/02 6:45:22 am.
Source: Posted by Michelle in NOLA Thursday, 25 May 2000, at 3:22 p.m.