Lark Creek Melting Fudge Cakes
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water until the
mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk together the cornstarch and the sugar to
remove any clumps. Once all the chocolate and butter mixture is melted, whisk in
the cornstarch/sugar into the chocolate mix until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients into the chocolate mix and whisk until smooth.
- Using individual 4 ounce ramekins, butter and flour them twice to ensure a good
- Pour the cake batter into these ramekins so that they are 3/4 full, and
bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 15-18 minutes. The top
of the cake should be cracked and the center should be still moist and slightly
- Let cake cool for about a minute or two, then unmold onto serving plates and
serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
Yield: 4 individual cakes
Source: As demonstrated on Midday About the Bay by Chef Sharon Nahm of Lark Creek
in San Mateo, California.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes