Lark Creek Melting Fudge Cakes
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 5 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler over simmering water until the
mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk together the cornstarch and the sugar to
remove any clumps. Once all the chocolate and butter mixture is melted, whisk in
the cornstarch/sugar into the chocolate mix until smooth.
- Add in the rest of
the ingredients into the chocolate mix and whisk until smooth.
- Using individual 4 ounce ramekins, butter and flour them twice to ensure a good
- Pour the cake batter into these ramekins so that they are 3/4 full, and
bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F for approximately 15-18 minutes. The top
of the cake should be cracked and the center should be still moist and slightly
- Let cake cool for about a minute or two, then unmold onto serving plates and
serve with your favorite ice cream or whipped cream.
Yield: 4 individual cakes
Source: As demonstrated on Midday About the Bay by Chef Sharon Nahm of Lark Creek
in San Mateo, California.