Las Camelias Fish Tacos
- 1 pound red snapper fillets
- 2 tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/4- inch dice
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 to 3 jarred pickled jalapenos, drained and
cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 bunch cilantro,
- Salt, to taste
- Warm corn tortillas or tortilla chips
- Cut the snapper fillets lengthwise into 2 or 3 strips, then finely slice across
the grain. Set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion and jalapenos in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the fish and
sauté for about 3 minutes, or until it turns white.
- Add the tomato mixture and cook,
stirring, stir for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve with warm corn tortillas or corn chips.
Serves 4 to 6.
Source: Las Camelias, San Rafael, California