Lasher's Restaurant Cranberry Meatloaf
At Lasher's, the meatloaf is served with a veal demiglace. You can purchase
demiglace from well-stocked supermarkets or make a gravy to serve with this, if
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups
dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 pounds 40% fat ground beef
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups canned cranberry
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- Combine onion, carrot, bread crumbs, parsley, basil, thyme, pepper, garlic, eggs,
milk, salt to taste, tomato paste and beef and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon meat mixture into 2 greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pans, dividing evenly. Do not
tightly pack meat into pans. Smooth tops.
- Mix cranberry sauce with brown sugar until lumps are eliminated. Spread over
- Bake at 350 degrees F until done, 45 to 55 minutes.
Yields 10 to 12 servings.
Each of 12 servings: 654 calories; 295 mg sodium; 162 mg cholesterol; 33
grams fat; 64 grams carbohydrates; 25 grams protein; 1.75 grams fiber
Source: Ray Lasher, owner, Lasher's Restaurant - Long Beach, California