Legal Seafood Golden Gazpacho with Shrimp
- 2 1/4 cups fish stock
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup diced Vidalia onions
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into large dice
- 1 medium chayote squash, peeled and cut into large dice
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Vegetable and Seafood Garnish
- 3 tablespoons 1/4-inch-diced yellow tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons 1/4-inch-diced yellow bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons 1/4-inch-diced cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons 1/4-inch-diced chayote squash
- 6 cooked large cocktail shrimp (21 to 25 count), tail off
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- Gazpacho Soup: Place fish stock in a large bowl. Add bread crumbs and stir well.
Let crumbs soak for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with metal blade, process basil, cilantro
and thyme leaves until finely chopped. Transfer half of mixture onto a piece of
wax paper. Set aside.
- Add half of soaked crumbs and half of prepped garlic, tomatoes, peppers, onions,
cucumbers and squash to work bowl and process until semi-smooth.
- With motor running,
slowly add half the oil, then half the vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
Continue processing until mixture is as smooth as possible. You aren't going
to strain this, so it is important that the texture is super-smooth. You can't
- Transfer this batch to a nonreactive large mixing bowl and repeat with remaining
ingredients including remaining herbs.
- Stir two batches together well, cover and
refrigerate for several hours or even overnight. It should be thoroughly chilled.
- Vegetable and Seafood Garnish: Toss together all diced vegetables.
- Ladle gazpacho into 6 chilled soup bowls.
- Divide vegetable garnish on top of each along with a shrimp and a sprig
of cilantro in the center.
Yield 6 servings
Per serving: 315 calories, 48 percent calories from fat, 18 grams protein,
24 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams total fiber, 17 grams total fat, 3 grams saturated
fat, 111 milligrams cholesterol, 1,370 milligrams sodium
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 8:51:26am 5/7/03.
Source: sun-sentinel.com - posted March 27, 2003
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes