Macaroni Grill Baked Creamy Seafood
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup baby scallops, rinsed and drained ( about 8 ounce)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups Asiago cheese
- 2 cups
medium, peeled, shelled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 1 (6 ounce) can chopped clams,
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/2 of a 12 ounce package wonton skins
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add scallops and stir fry over
high heat until just cooked through; set aside in bowl.
- In same skillet, melt remaining
3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth and bubbly. Cook
and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in half-and-half and continue whisking until mixture comes
to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, whisking, until bubbly. Turn off the heat.
- Add Asiago
cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in the scallops, shrimp and clams.
- Spoon into
a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated
350 degree F oven for about 15 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat plenty of oil in a wok or deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Fry 3
or 4 wonton skins at a time, a few seconds on each side, until just golden.
on paper towels.
- Use wontons as chips for dipping into baked sea-food appetizer.
If you don't feel inclined to fry the wonton skins to make chips, the
seafood appetizer is also delicious served with tortilla or pita chips or crackers
of your choice.
Source: Los Angeles Times