Macaroni Grill Bella Napoli
- 1/2 pound pasta sheets, may substitute won tons
- Oil, for deep-frying
Asiago Cream Sauce
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/16 teaspoon chicken soup base
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ounce water
- 2 to 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Kalamata olive, sliced
- Banana peppers, sliced
- Chopped tomato
- 1/2 to 1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 piece cooked Italian sausage
- 1 piece cooked, sweet Italian sausage
- Asiago Cream Sauce: Heat the cream until very hot and just bubbly, but
not to a boil.
- Add the chicken base and cheese. Stir constantly with a wire whisk
and bring temperature back to just bubbly.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water and add to the sauce. Bring to a slow simmer
to cook out starchy taste.
- Transfer sauce to a container for use later. (May be refrigerated.)
- Pasta: Cut the pasta sheets into triangles and deep-fry in oil, heated to 375 degrees F.
- Fry to a nice chip color.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with Asiago cheese.
- Assembly: Heat oven to 400 degrees F and put rack at top of oven.
- Put half of the chips onto an oven safe plate.
- Pour cream sauce of the chips then top with the remaining chips.
- Sprinkle with sausage, tomatoes, peppers, olives, mozzarella, and more Asiago.
- Put in the oven and bake until cheese just starts to brown.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Posted by JessicafromDetroit Thursday, 25 May 2000 1:14 p.m. "My
own invention, sort of!"
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes