Macaroni Grill Fonduta Gamberi
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon clam juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups rough chopped spinach
- 1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 large shrimp, peeled, cleaned and chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine half-and-half, clam juice and white
- In a separate saucepan, melt butter.
- Add shallots and sauté until translucent.
- Add flour to butter mixture, stirring until flour is absorbed. Cook, stirring constantly,
for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add heated half-and-half mixture all at once to the shallot mix, stirring constantly
with a wire whip to remove any lumps.
- Add spinach, artichokes, shrimp, cayenne and
black pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally,
so the mixture does not scorch.
- Remove mixture from heat, and stir in cheese, if
- Pour dip into bowl and serve hot.
Posted by liz at Recipe Goldmine - May 3, 2001.
Source: San Jose Mercury News
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes