Macaroni Grill Penne Rustica
The penne is easy, the sauce is the key: heavy cream, parmesan cheese, wine,
etc. with chicken and shrimp. Cut the recipe in half and it was still way too much.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce pancetta or bacon
- 18 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 ounces grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 4 1/2 cups Granita Sauce
- 48 ounces penne pasta, precooked
- 3 teaspoons pimientos
- 6 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallots
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Gratinata Sauce: Sauté butter, garlic, and rosemary until garlic begins to brown.
- Add Marsala wine and reduce by one-third.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce by half of original volume. Set aside.
- Penne Rustica: Sauté pancetta until begins to brown.
- Add butter, shallots, and shrimp. Cook until shrimp are evenly pick but still translucent.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Add granita sauce and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and
simmer until sauce thickens.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp and chicken mixture with precooked pasta. Place
this mixture into single serving dishes or one large casserole dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and pimientos and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 475 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with fresh rosemary sprig.
Source: Posted by Tracy Sunday, 30 April 2000 at 3:42 p.m. Contributed by Rudy2.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes