This basic fajita recipe is from the Johnson family who owns the Macayo chain.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/4 lime, squeezed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound beef skirt (flank steak) or chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 x 3-inch long strips
- 1 large whole onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil or chili oil
Garnishes and Toppings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 6 lime wedges
- Avocado chunks
- 1 can whole green chiles, chopped
- Tomatoes, sliced into strips
- Shredded lettuce
- Jalapeno peppers
- Marinade: In a large bowl, whisk together all Marinade ingredients. Put meat
in marinade and set aside for at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Set tortillas in oven for 1 to 3 minutes, to warm. Remove
and put into a covered basket.
- Fajitas: Heat a large skillet and add olive oil. Add marinated meat and onion
and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Place cooked meat in a large bowl or
platter and serve with tortillas, toppings and garnishes.
- For each fajita, fill a tortilla with meat and desired amounts of garnishes and
toppings and roll up like a burrito.
- Serve with refried beans, black beans or Spanish rice.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Variations: For spicier marinade, add cayenne pepper or crushed dry red chili
pepper. Instead of lime juice, try pineapple juice, papaya juice, beer, wine or
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes