Maggiano's Little Italy Apple and
Fennel Salad with Caper Sauce
- 5 ounces white cabbage
- 3 ounces red radicchio
- 2 apples (Granny Smith)
- 1 handful rocket (arugula)
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 handful chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup capers salt and pepper
- Prepare shred the cabbage and radicchio.
- Slice and peel the apples.
- Tear the arugula into small pieces. Discard the outer leaves of the fennel, thinly
slice the remainder.
- Arrange all of the ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Put the capers, vinegar, mustard,
egg yolk, parsley, oil, and salt an pepper to taste. Blend ingredients with a food
processor or in a blender and blend until creamy. Pour into salad and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 9:21:32am 5/12/03.
Source: 11alive.com - 2/2/1999 - courtesy Maggiano's Little Italy