Maggiano's Little Italy Chop Salad
- 8 ounces chopped iceberg lettuce, in 1/2-inch dice
- 2 ounces diced plum tomatoes, in 1/2-inch dice
- 1 poached chicken breast, (3 ounces) diced
- 1 ounce sliced scallion, in 1/8-inch slivers
- 2 ounces crumbled Danish blue cheese
- 1/2 ounce crispy prosciutto, pan fried and chopped
- 3 ounces dressing
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 teaspoon crispy prosciutto
- 1 ounce Coleman's dry mustard
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 ounce garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- 1 quart corn oil or canola oil
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons whole black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano
- Combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, red and white vinegar and salt in food
processor. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly drizzle in the oils, continue to blend.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir with wire whisk.
- Store in sealed containers in refrigerator.
- Place lettuce in large mixing bowl.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and mix well.
- Add dressing and mix well.
- Serve, topping each portion with garnish.
Yield: 2 quarts dressing