Maggiano's Little Italy Garlic Shrimp and Shells
- 1/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
and fine chopped
- 2 turns of the mill fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces
extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
cup white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon
- 3 leaves fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 ounces cooked shell pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Plating procedure: Peel and de-vein the shrimp and marinate with half of the
chopped garlic, half of the olive oil, and the ground black pepper.
- Prepare the
tomatoes by blanching in boiling water for 30 seconds and then peel. Squeeze the
seeds out and rough chop.
- In a hot sauté pan over high heat place the shrimp with the remaining olive oil.
Sauté briefly until the shrimp turns pink on one side.
- Add the remaining garlic
and sauté for a moment to coat the shrimp.
- Add the white wine, clam juice, and tomatoes
to the pan and bring back to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the marinara sauce,
basil, and garlic butter.
- Add the shell pasta and simmer for a couple minutes. Check
the sauce for flavor and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately in a hot pasta bowl.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 9:21:32am 5/12/03.
Source: nbc4.tv - used with permission from
Maggiano's Little Italy