Maggiano's Little Italy Lemon
Semolina Bundt Cake
- 5 ounces whole butter
- 1/4 pound sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- Zest of lemon
- 1/2 pound sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 pound cake flour
- 3 ounces semolina (course grind)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Spray Bundt pan with pan coating.
- Cake: Cream together butter and sugar on medium speed in mixer with paddle for 8 -
10 minutes until very light.
- While butter is beating, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add eggs slowly to butter mixture. Mix well after adding eggs.
- Add sifted dry ingredients with semolina, alternating with sour cream, in 2 additions.
Scrape down mixing bowl after each addition.
- Fill Bundt pan 3/4 full.
- Bake cake in a 325 degrees F oven (fan on) for approximately 20 to 25 minutes
(longer if not using a convection oven). Cake is ready when a wooden skewer inserted
comes out clean.
- Unmold cake when mostly cool. Poke holes into top of cake and drizzle lemon syrup
- Syrup: Bring sugar, water, and lemon juice to a simmer. Remove from heat.
Spoon syrup evenly over cake.
- Cool cake and store at room temperature.
Source: Maggiano's Little Italy, Chicago, Illinois
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.