Maggiano's Little Italy Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Maggiano's Marinara Sauce
- 1 small baking potato, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1/2 cup canned chick-peas, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dark green romaine lettuce leaves, diced
- 1/4 ounce fresh basil leaves (stems removed), chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus some for garnish
- 1/2 cup tubetti or other small pasta
- In a large stock pot, melt butter over low heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and
oregano. Cook, covered, until vegetables are soft but not browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to form a paste.
- Add garlic, chicken stock, marinara sauce,
potato and tomatoes. Raise heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, chick-peas, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low
and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in romaine, basil and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Remove from heat and let
cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Reheat soup over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Divide pasta among individual serving bowls and ladle hot soup over pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.
Source: The Chicago Sun-Times
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes