Magic Pan Restaurant Potage
St. Germain (Pea Soup)
- 1 (1 pound) ham bone
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 (13 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups split peas
- 2/3 cup finely chopped leeks or green onions
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped ham, cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken (cooked) (optional)
- Place ham bone in large pot. Add water, chicken stock and peas and bring to boil
over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the onions, carrots and celery just until limp. Add them to the soup pot
along with all the seasonings and continue to simmer until peas are very soft and
mixture is thick - about 45 minutes.
- Remove ham bone.
- Gradually stir in the milk and cream.
- Add ham and chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 2/5/2002 12:06 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes