The Magic Pan Strawberry Crepes Supreme
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup oil or melted butter
- Pinch of salt
Filling, Garnish and Assembly
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries (keep 6 berries whole for garnish)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour or whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (again)
- 6 cooked crepes (if you have made 12, freeze the rest)
- Basic Crepes: Sift flour and salt together into mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with
eggs to form a thick paste. Gradually add milk, beating until smooth; batter will
have the consistency of thick cream.
- Brush a hot crepe pan, 6 1/2 to 7 inches in
diameter, with butter or oil. Pour in 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons batter, tipping pan
to coat it with a thin layer. When edge of crepe starts to brown, turn crepe and
brown other side. Repeat process, adding oil or butter as needed. Makes 12 crepes.
- Filling, Garnish and Assembly: Slice berries no more than 1 or 2 hours before
serving. They must not be bruised or mushy. Toss them very gently with 1/2 cup brown
- At serving time drain berries and place 2/3 cup in center of each crepe. Top
each with 2 tablespoons sour or whipped cream. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon brown
sugar. Fold sides of crepe over center to enclose. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Top each crepe with 1 tablespoon sour or whipped cream. Sprinkle cream with 1 teaspoon
brown sugar and top with a whole strawberry.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine - April 29, 2001.
Source: Posted by Gene - Thursday, 24 August 2000 5:48 am - Chicago Magazine,
annual restaurant issue
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes