Magnolia Bar and Grill Crawfish Etouffee
- 1 pound cleaned crawfish tails
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 thin slices lemon
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Use a saucepan with a tight fitting lid to "Etouffee".
- Season crawfish tails with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Melt butter, add chopped onion, and cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
- Stir in flour, blend well, and add 3/4 cup water, lemon, tomato paste, and cook
slowly for about 20 minutes, and add a little more water occasionally.
- When sauce is done, add crawfish tails; cover with lid. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Season again, to taste.
- Add green onion, parsley, cook 2 minutes longer.
- Serve over steamed rice.