Magnolia's Grilled Chicken Salad
with Caramelized Onions
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound mixed lettuces, washed and gently dried
- Caramelized onions
- Lemon vinaigrette
- Edible flower blossoms, if desired
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Combine the soy sauce, olive oil, oregano, thyme, basil, onion powder, garlic
powder and black pepper to make a marinade. Toss the chicken breasts with the marinade
and refrigerate them for 4 hours or overnight. If necessary, this can be done right
- Fire your grill.
- Place the chicken breasts on a hot grill, close the grill and grill them for
3 to 4 minutes on each side, with the lid down. Remove the breasts and let them
rest for a minute before you slice them.
- To serve the salads, toss the lettuces lightly with the Lemon Vinaigrette. Mound
about 2 cups of lettuces per full size plate. Top each with the slices of chicken
and the caramelized onions. Sprinkle with the petals of edible flower blossoms,
if desired, shaved curls of fresh Parmesan, and a grind of black pepper.
Source: magnolias-blossom.com - Magnolia's, Charleston, South Carolina
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes