- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 loaf French bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- 1 1/4 cups crushed ice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place vegetables and basil in a bowl.
- Cover the vegetables with toasted bread.
- Top bread and vegetables with crushed ice; marinate overnight.
- In small batches, puree the mixture in a blender.
- Add Tabasco sauce and sherry vinegar.
- With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil to emulsify the mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper; serve chilled.
Source: Chef Garth Washburn - Marquesa Restaurant, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com