Marshall Field Marketplace Deli
Wisconsin Cheese and Pasta
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound spiral pasta (or shells or macaroni)
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 pound sharp white Cheddar cheese, grated (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water until tender. Drain, rinse and cool. Set aside.
- Pour cream in heavy-bottomed saucepan set over medium heat and warm slowly, stirring. Do not boil. When cream is hot, gradually whisk in 12 ounces of the cheese. Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire, pepper, cayenne and salt. Remove from heat.
- Set pasta in large bowl. Pour cheese sauce over pasta and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter bottom of high-sided baking dish. There should be at least 1 inch of space at top of dish after pasta mix is added. Pour cheese and pasta mixture into dish. Top with remaining 4 ounces of cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until bubbling and golden brown.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 4/1/02 3:31:15 pm.
Source: The Journal Sentinel, Aug. 20, 2001, You Asked for It - From: Karen Henry, Manager, Marshall Fields Marketplace Deli, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin