Miss Mary Bobo's Barbecue Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes with 1 teaspoon salt in boiling water for 30 to 40 minutes or just until tender.
- Let cool slightly; peel and slice. Set aside.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, soup, milk, barbecue sauce and onion salt until well blended.
- Layer half each of potato slices, barbecue sauce mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 2-quart round baking dish.
- Repeat layers; sprinkle top evenly with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until golden.
Source: Lynne Tolley, Miss Mary Bobo's