Molly O'Shea's Corned Beef and Cabbage
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2) pound corned beef brisket
- 1 teaspoon whole black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 medium carrots, quartered
- 1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 small cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 cup Guinness Stout (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Trim fat from meat. Place in a 4- to 6-quart pot; add juices and spices from
package. Add enough water to cover meat.
- Add Guinness, black pepper and bay leaves
(if your corned beef comes with its own package of spices, add it and omit pepper
and bay leaves). Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 2 hours or until
- Add potatoes, carrots and onion to meat. Return to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer,
covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add cabbage. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes more or until tender.
- Slice meat against the grain, and serve with mustard.
Source: Molly O'Shea's, Athens, Georgia
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes