Montgomery Inn Ribs
For 3-4 slabs of ribs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
Montgomery Inn Sauce
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 cup granulated sugar (1/2 cup may be enough)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup tarragon vinegar
- Ribs: Mix spices together and put into shaker.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon
on both sides of the ribs. Salt evenly and shake spice mix on both sides of the
- Brown both sides of the ribs on a hot grill.
- Place ribs in baking pan, add 1/8 to 1/4 inch water from the bottom.
- Cover with
foil and bake at 325 to 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Fifteen minutes before
done, remove foil, drain water and place back in oven.
- Montgomery Inn Sauce: This recipe came with no instructions. This is what I have
- Blend the onion with the other ingredients in a blender, then warm the sauce.
- For ribs or chicken, bake as usual, and then add the sauce for 10 minutes
as it burns easily.