Moondance Diner Big Easy Omelet
This is very similar to McDee's Tex Mex breakfast offering.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup andouille sausage, precooked and cubed
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- In large ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add peppers, onion
and sausage and sauté 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs and cook scrambled style to form large curds until eggs are just firm.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Place skillet in preheated oven until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning If desired serve with potatoes and flour tortillas.
Hmmm, and if you wrap that up in a tortilla is sounds a heck of a lot like a
better version of something McDee's makes.
Posted by Phil at Recipe Goldmine 1/1/2002 3:52 pm.
Source: Moondance Diner, Westmont, Illinois
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes