Morrison's Cafeteria Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, baked and peeled
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 9 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake sweet potatoes in oven or microwave until soft.
- Remove from oven and, when
cool enough to handle, peel. Place in bowl of electric mixer and beat until smooth.
Add eggs and beat 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine sugar, nutmeg and flour. Stir to blend. Add to sweet potato mixture.
- Mix until well-blended. Add milk and stir to blend.
- Melt butter or margarine. Stir in corn syrup and vanilla extract. Add to sweet
potato mixture. Beat until well-blended.
- Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 45 minutes, or until set.
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 8:45:59am 5/7/03.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.