Morton's of Chicago Shrimp Alexander
- 1/2 loaf unsliced white bread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 2 1/2 teaspoons minced parsley
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 6 large shrimp, tail on
- 1/4 cup butter
- Bread Crumbs: Trim crusts off 1/2 loaf unsliced white bread and process into
fine crumbs. Place in large bowl.
- Seasoning: Add garlic, shallots, parsley, salt and pepper to bread crumbs. Mix
with a fork.
- Shrimp: Clean and devein shrimp.
- Melt butter and place half in a shallow pan.
Reserve rest for later.
- Dip cleaned and well dried shrimp into butter and then into
bread crumbs. Do this one shrimp at a time. Gently shake off excess bread crumbs
and place shrimp, vein side down, in shallow pan. Curl tail up.
- Drizzle reserved butter over shrimp.
- Bake shrimp in preheated 500 degrees F oven for 5 minutes.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/28/2002 8:06 am.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - 7/21/98 - from Will Massey, Morton's
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.