Mr. B's Bistro Crawfish Risotto
- 6 cups chicken stock, or more as needed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 1 pound arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 2 red bell peppers, small dice
- 2 green bell peppers, small dice
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat stock in pot to almost simmering
- Meanwhile, heat oil in Dutch oven; sauté onion until transparent, 5 minutes.
Stir in rice to coat.
- Add simmering stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Wait for liquid to
absorb before adding more.
- After 10 minutes, add tomatoes, peppers, jalapeno and garlic. Continue adding
stock until rice is almost tender to bite.
- Add crawfish; cook 5 minutes. Rice should be tender not chalky.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese, butter, salt and pepper.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Mr. B's Bistro, New Orleans