Mucho Gusto Vegetarian Tacos
Soft mini tortillas prepared "Baja Style" with chopped onions, cilantro
and salsa. Rich in vitamins and fiber, very tasty, very low in fat, and very healthy!
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 corn tortillas (or 8 mini tortillas)
- 1/3 cup onion, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup zucchini, julienne cut
- 1 cup black or pinto beans, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) salsa of your choice
- Cilantro (optional)
- Cook rice according to package instructions, except adjust liquid to be 1/2 cup
water and 1/2 cup tomato juice.
- Sauté the vegetables in a nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon water (i.e., steam
vegetables), stirring constantly.
- Season with garlic, Italian seasoning, oregano, black and red pepper, and cook
10 minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Warm tortillas (i.e., microwave or steam).
- Place some vegetables, beans, rice, and salsa on each tortilla; roll, and serve.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: Excellent Choice (210) Cholesterol:
Excellent Choice (0 mg) Fat: Excellent Choice (1 g)* Sodium: Excellent Choice (200
Exchanges: 1/4 Meat, 2 1/2 Bread, 3/4 Veg, 1/4 Fat
Protein: 8 g, Carbohydrate: 44 g
* Primarily unsaturated fat
Source: Mucho Gusto, Del Mar, California
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes