New Belmont Mussels Steamed in
Beer and Smoked Paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon
- 24 cultivated mussels
- 1 bottle light-bodied lager beer
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- In a hot sauté pan, add a pinch of butter, chopped garlic and leeks. Sauté garlic
and leeks for about 20 seconds, but don't brown.
- Add mussels and beer to the
pan. Cover with another pan that's the same size as the one you're using.
- Let mussels steam for 2 to 3 minutes or until they've all opened.
- Add paprika
and a teaspoon of butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a bowl with all of the broth and a large piece of warm French bread.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine - Sep 26 2002 12:51:10.
Source: Chef Tom Pittman, New Belmont, Norfolk, Virginia - WVEC-TV