Nine Dragons Kang Boa Chicken
- 3/4 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 green onions
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup peanuts
- Deep fry peanuts until golden and crunchy.
- Cut chicken meat into cubes. Toss with egg and cornstarch; add salt and white
pepper to taste.
- Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to wok and tilt pan to distribute. When temperature reaches 350 degrees
F, add chicken and stir fry until 80% tender. Drain.
- Cut green onions into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Dry wok. Add green onions, oil, ginger,
and garlic. Stir fry for 1 minute, then add chicken and stir together.
- Add sherry, soy sauce, sugar, chicken broth, white vinegar, and cornstarch dissolved in water.
- Stir in fried peanuts and stir fry until chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Yield: 2 servings
Source: Executive Chef Wei Zhong Xin, Nine Dragons at Epcot Center
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.