Nob Hill Restaurant Pork and
Berries on Focaccia
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/3 cup garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons black cracked peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin
- 12 pieces focaccia
- 2 heads butter lettuce
Wild Berry Relish
- 2 cups assorted seasonal berries
- 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup sugar syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Marinade: Combine all marinade ingredients. Marinate pork loin for 2 hours.
- Pork: Sear pork loin. Add marinating liquid to pan and cook in slow fire or roast
in 350 degree F oven until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Let rest in warm place for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing thinly. Reserve cooking juices.
- Wild Berry Relish: Combine relish ingredients and mix gently.
- Slice focaccia in half crosswise and dip each half in cooking juice.
- Place butter lettuce on focaccia, then layer pork slice and berry relish on top.
Source: Nob Hill Restaurant, San Francisco, California