Noshville Deli Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3/4 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound sliced cabbage
- 3/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pound cooked beef brisket
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 11 cups water
- Sauté onions with black pepper and salt in corn oil.
- Add cabbage and bay leaf
with 1 cup water. Put lid on and cook about 5 minutes, until cabbage is wilted.
- Add crushed tomatoes and 2 cups of water. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, beef broth and beef brisket with 9 cups of water. Simmer for
- Serve hot.
Source: "Spike" Lee, Noshville Deli
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.