Nottoway Plantation Bread Pudding
Here's one that is absolutely great! It's made by a restaurant on a plantation
in Louisiana and it's famed for their bread pudding. I have eaten in the restaurant
and I can honestly say that I haven't eaten better. Also, this is their original
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups water, warmed
- 1/2 pound margarine, melted
- 2 loaves sliced white bread, broken into pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 16 ounces whipped topping
- 2 – 3 ounces white rum (to taste)
- Bread Pudding: Mix water and margarine in large bowl. Put broken bread into the
mixture. Stir. Add milk and stir. Add vanilla extract, eggs and sugar. Stir well.
- Pour into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Serve warm and top with Rum Sauce.
- Rum Sauce: Melt the butter, add sugar and mix together in a bowl until the sugar
- Add the whipped topping and whip with a wire whip. Drizzle the rum
into the mixture a little at a time.
- Cover and keep mixture in the freezer.
I always put the rum sauce in the microwave for a few seconds (literally)
before I use it. It seems too thick if I don't. However, this is just a personal
Posted by Lexi0030 at Recipe Goldmine's The Cutting Board Forum Friday Apr
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes