Oakland Trattoria Chicken Arrabiatta
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, seasoned with salt and pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan and Romano cheese (mixed)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine, cooked al dente
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Grill chicken strips and sauté mushrooms in lightly greased skillet over medium
heat. Set aside.
- To prepare sauce, combine garlic and wine in medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low
heat 3 to 5 minutes to reduce by about half. Add cream, increase heat slightly and
heat to 160 degrees F. At this point, mixture will come to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; blend in cheeses and Cajun seasoning. Simmer 10 to 15
minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Combine chicken strips, mushrooms and sauce in a 5-quart pot over low heat. Add
pasta; toss to coat. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 3 to 5 minutes, stirring
occasionally. Remove from heat; garnish with additional cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Sauce can be prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to
use. When ready to use, reheat over medium heat.
Source: Oakland Trattoria - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes