Oceana BBQ Spiced French Fries
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 4 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 /4-thick inch
- 1 recipe BBQ Spice
- 5 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 tablespoons
Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (pasilla negro or habanero)
tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- French Fries: In a heavy-bottom pot, preheat the vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Add the potatoes
and fry until golden, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the fries to a large bowl and
toss with BBQ Spice. Serve.
- BBQ Spice: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until everything is very
well combined and almost pulverized. Sprinkle desired amount over hot French fries
and toss well.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine June 1, 2001.
Source: Recipe courtesy Rick Moonen, Oceana Restaurant, New York