Oceanaire Creamed Corn
- 2 quarts heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 to 5 pounds corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 leek, finely diced
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Simmer the cream in an uncovered stock pot until it is reduced by half.
- Add salt, white pepper, sugar, and nutmeg.
- While the cream continues to reduce, add the corn
and lower the heat. Bring the mixture back to a slight simmer while stirring occasionally.
- Add the leek and stir constantly until the pieces break down. Continue cooking the
mixture until the corn is done and the desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 3/8/2002 10:21 am.
Source: Minneapolis/St. Paul Magazine - From Executive Chef Rick Kimmes, Oceanaire
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes