O'Charley's Beef Monterey
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 7 ounces marinated beef tips
- Seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup freshly sliced mushrooms (1/4-inch hand cut)
- 1/2 cup julienned red onion (1/4 x 2 1/2-inches)
- 1 ounce Burgundy wine
- 4 ounces rice pilaf
- 1 slice Monterey jack cheese
- 1 each kale garnish
- Sprinkle of chopped parsley
- Ladle 1 ounce of oil into heated sauté pan. Add minced garlic and cook for 10
- Place 7 ounces of beef tips into pan and generously season with seasoning
salt. After tips have cooked for 1 1/2 minutes, add vegetables. When vegetables
are 50% done, add burgundy wine. Cook tips to medium temperature. If you're
cooking beef tips medium well or well done, do not add garlic until wine is added
because garlic will burn.
- When tips are done, portion rice into bottom of a large rarebit dish and place
tips and veggies on top of rice. Do not drain.
- Place a slice of Monterey Jack cheese over tips, covering beef tips completely.
Tuck the cheese around the beef tips so it is contained within the dish. Place rarebit
dish into a cheese melter, broiler, or oven. Carefully remove dish when cheese is
- Serve rarebit on dinner dish. Garnish with a fist size piece
of kale and serve.
You will also need an 8-ounce rarebit dish and a larger dinner dish.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes